Today I’ll be taking a look at the Casper UK, the popular bed-in-a-box retailer’s Brit-specific spin on its flagship model. However, before I can dig into all its exciting specifications, I’ve got to let it decompress.
So let’s unbox this bed and get it all set up on the frame!
I should note that this mattress is only available to those sleepers who live in the United Kingdom.
The Casper UK is built with four distinct layers of foam, measuring up for a total 10” of comfort. The combination of soft memory foam and high-density polyfoam works to create a sleeping experience that’s as pressure-relieving as it is supportive.
I’ll dive deeper into all of this in my full review, but wanted to give you a sneak peek at the Casper UK’s different layers.
- Cover – The cover is crafted out of a knit polyester blend, resulting in a fabric that’s soft and cozy. Plus, it zip offs for easy cleaning with the rest of your bedding.
- Comfort Layer – The comfort layer is built with the brand’s proprietary open-cell foam. This material is soft yet responds quickly to pressure. This means you’re likely to sink into the mattress, but won’t feel too stuck. The open-cell design not only creates this harmony between relief and support, but also encourages excellent cooling throughout the structure.
- Contour Layer – Directly below the comfort layer, you’ll find a thin layer of memory foam. This section helps to extend the body contouring from the top layer deeper into the mattress.
- Transition Layer – Next up you’ll find a layer of firm polyfoam. This material helps to transition the sleeper between the soft foam layers up top and the firmer base below. It also features zoned support, which targets different parts of the body in unique ways to improve overall alignment and comfort.
- Foundation Layer – And finally, the base, which is comprised of high-density polyfoam for shape and durability. Like the transition layer immediately above it, this section is also zoned for alignment, but is perforated with channels that allow for even deeper sinkage through the structure.
- Balanced foam feel – The Casper UK appears to be built with some pretty interesting foams, so I anticipate that it’ll exhibit a balanced foam feel. This is great for a wide range of sleepers, but especially those in search of that pleasant combo of pressure relief and support.
- Sleeps cool – Given the open-cell foam used in the bed’s comfort layer, this mattress is going to sleep cool. The innovative design not only regulates temperature, but encourages airflow throughout the bed for even more cooling.
That’s all for now, stay on the lookout for my full review!